Tuesday, February 01, 2011

CNY 2011 - DAY 1

Finally got to see Mum after 396 days apart. I would have cried, but we don't do crying at reunions in my family. Instead, the first line I uttered to my mum upon reaching KLIA was:

"eh, 小姐, 你们不是应该已经站在 arrivals hall 拿着 sign 来欢迎我吗?"
(eh, miss, shouldn't you two be here at the arrivals hall holding a sign to welcome me?"

The response was:

"girl ah, 我们还没有到啦,你 daddy 不认识路. 多十分钟就到, okay?"
(Girl, we're not there yet. Your dad doesn't know the way there. Give us 10 more minutes okay?"

20 minutes later, I was still waiting.....

Looking at our interaction, noone would believe I had been away for so long, lol!

I can still understand and speak MALAY. So proud of myself. LOL.

____________________________________________________________________

Had lunch at The Pavillion, followed by a lot of shopping.

So far I've bought 2 pairs of shoes, 1 vest, 2 tops, 1 pair of jeans, 1 purse.

Not to mention all the stuff Mum bought me throughout the year while awaiting my return.

Mum got me SK-II!

____________________________________________________________________

I think I'm the first person who's willingly brought their parents to Asia Cafe for pool. Needless to say, Mum was appalled that her kids have been spending their after-dinner nights in Subang there.

Taught XinKit how to play pool to increase his social skills in the hopes that he gets more friends.

____________________________________________________________________

Dinner at Sakae Sushi in Subang Parade. Ahhh, I've missed being able to order anything I want to eat without worrying about the bill :)

Annoyed XinWei and XinKit with questions the whole dinner. Questions like:

"Would you rather give up all desserts or sashimi?"

"Would you rather give up rice or anything spicy?"

"Would you rather have no voice or no internet?"

They still played along, probably silently comforting themselves with the fact that I'm leaving in 6 days and they'll be safe until my graduation in June.

____________________________________________________________________

1 day down, 6 to go!

No comments: